This is the easiest of peasiest recipes. It’s no bake, has a short ingredients list, and they take no time at all to make…or devour. I am allllll about having a little crunch in my desserts which is why I jump at the chance to use rice krispies in anything. That added texture makes for such a satisfying bite. Ugh, I love it. Also peanut butter and chocolate are just a classic. This is pretty much a blend between rice krispie treats and peanut butter chocolate fudge. Sounds pretty good, right?
To bump it up a bit, I added a drizzle of peanut butter on top which is totally optional. I found that the peanut butter flavor got a little over powered by the chocolate so this helped to bring it out a bit more. You can also play around with the types of chocolate you use but my go to is always dark chocolate. It just works so well to balance out the sweetness in anything.
I’ll keep this post short and sweet to reflect just how easy this recipe is. If you’re looking for something delicious to make for an event, a friend, or just cause, this will do the trick when you’re in a pinch. It’s a nice recipe to keep in your back pocket when something pops up and you have to quickly whip something up. It’s a classic flavor combo that everyone can enjoy!
Easy no bake marshmallow bars with peanut butter, chocolate, and rice krispies.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (plus 2 tbsp to drizzle)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 bag mini marshmallows (10.5 oz)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- Grease and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Make sure to paper reaches over the edges of the pan so that it’s easy to lift out.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add in the peanut butter, chocolate, and butter. Continually stir until it melts down completely. Add in the marshmallows and continue to shirt until they melt down. Once everything is melted and combined, take it off the heat and stir in the vanilla and then the rice krispies.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Let it sit out at room temperature for about an hour to set and then pop it in the fridge. When you’re ready to serve, melt the 2 tablespoons of peanut butter in the microwave then drizzle over top. Cut into 9 large bars or 16 small bars and enjoy! They’re best if served at room temp.