These easy no bake marshmallow treats are like extra gooey rice krispie treats with chocolate and peanut butter melted in! They’re so quick to make but yield a thick and rich marshmallow treat that tastes way better than any basic version.
- 1 cup (250g) creamy peanut butter (plus 2 tbsp to drizzle)
- 1 cup (185g) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter
- 1 10oz bag mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups (120g) puffed rice cereal *GF option here
- Grease and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Allow the paper to reach over the edges of the pan for easy removal.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt down the peanut butter, chocolate, and butter.
- Add in the marshmallows and continue to stir until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, followed by the rice cereal.
- Dump the mixture into the prepared pan and press it in evenly.
- Chill the bars for about 45 minutes or until set.
- When you’re ready to serve, melt the 2 tablespoons of peanut butter in the microwave then drizzle over top. Cut into 9 large bars or 16 small bars and enjoy!
GLUTEN FREE CEREAL OPTIONS – Sadly, most puffed rice cereals are not gluten free but some still are! If you’d like to make these gluten free, choose a certified gluten free puffed rice cereal or swap in rice chex instead.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes