This no bake treat is so easy to make but EVERYONE will be asking you for the recipe after just one bite! Also known as bomb diggity, this sweet chex mix recipe is a gooey, sweet, chewy, and crispy snack made with rice chex, golden grahams, almonds, and coconut.
What is bomb diggity?
I remember when I first came across this snack mix at a family event. I kept seeing people walking around with a handful but didn’t think much of it. But when I asked what it was, my sister told me I HAD to try it.
Low and behold, this big bowl of snack mix was the most addicting treat at the party. It’s sweet, crunchy, gooey, and so so flavorful. I honestly couldn’t pull myself away from the bowl.
A couple questions later and my sister handed me an index card with the recipe written right on there, so I knew I had to share it! I made some very minor adjustments, but it still stays true to the original recipe.
In a nutshell, bomb diggity is a sweet chex mix of crunchy cereals, coconut, and almonds that have all been mixed in a gooey and sweet mixture made up of butter, sugar, and corn syrup.
Ingredients for sweet chex mix
You know it’s a good recipe when the ingredients list is simple. This sweet coconut almond chex mix is made up of these few ingredients:
- Rice Chex
- Golden Grahams
- Shredded coconut
- Sliced almonds
- Corn syrup
- Vanilla extract
To make this sweet chex mix recipe, combine all of the dry ingredients in a bowl (rice chex, golden grahams, coconut, and almonds). Then heat the butter, sugar, corn syrup, and vanilla and pour it over the dry ingredients. Stir to combine, spread it out on to wax paper, and let it cool.
In the end you’re left with a crunch but gooey chex mix that’s so irresistible!
What swaps can I make with this sweet chex mix recipe?
I understand that these ingredients aren’t for everyone, so here are some easy swaps you can make in order to make this recipe your own:
- Coconut – I have a feeling this will be the top ingredient people would prefer to leave out! It tends to be a polarizing food, so instead try swapping with dried fruit. This could be chopped and dried apricots, apple slices, or even banana chips. Try to stick with something sweet to help round out the flavor of this chex mix.
- Almonds – If you aren’t a fan of almonds, swap with your favorite type of nut. I recommend something mild in flavor like cashews or pecans as these won’t overpower.
- Corn Syrup – If you prefer to not use this type of ingredient, try swapping with honey instead. Keep in mind that you will get that honey flavor but this is a much cleaner option compared to corn syrup.
- Cereal – I recommend sticking with the rice chex and golden grahams, but feel free to swap in any type of cereal you like as long as it isn’t too sugary. Try staying with cereals like puffed rice, honey nut cheerios, or puffins. Again this won’t disrupt the flavor of the chex mix but will provide a slightly different texture.
For more no bake recipes, check out my:
- Toffee Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Puppy Chow Marshmallow Treats
- Salted Peanut Butter Christmas Trees
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Marshmallow Bars
Make sure to tag me @butternutbakery on Instagram and comment below if you make this coconut almond crunch sweet chex mix. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card or on any of the photos above. Happy baking!Print