These easy chocolate chip cookies are just that! No waiting, no fancy ingredients, and no fuss. You can have delicious and soft chocolate chip cookies in minutes that are absolutely bakery-worthy. It’s the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe to keep in your back pocket when you need cookies STAT! Which for me…it’s pretty much all the time.
Easy chocolate chip cookies with ZERO chill time
If you’ve been following along with my recipes, specifically cookie recipes, then you know that I am a BIG proponent for chilling your dough overnight. I get it, not everyone can spare the time to let your dough sit in the fridge for hours and hours. You need cookies NOW. I understand. That’s why I made these easy chocolate chip cookies!
Because I was dealing with melted butter, I had to add some extra flour to give the dough a little bit more structure. Too much flour and they would be dry, too little and they wouldn’t set properly. The balance here was tricky!
After a few tries, they turned out perfect. It’s like cookie dough that was baked just enough to create a shell to hold it together. They are so soft and doughy and just taste like a classic chocolate chip cookie. AND they require ZERO chill time. So when you get a strong craving for some good chocolate chip cookies, this will be your go-to.
Tools to make these easy chocolate chip cookies
In the recipe, I instruct you to use an electric mixer but it’s not absolutely necessary. If you just have a bowl and a whisk, that works too! The only reason I suggest an electric mixture is to fully incorporate the butter. If you’re OK with vigorously whisking for a couple minutes, that should work just as well.
What I ALWAYS use for my cookies is a large ice cream scoop. This is how you get that soft center because with a larger scoop, the middle takes longer to bake. Leaving it a little underdone is the trick to getting that perfect texture.
I also recommend using a large cookie sheet for this. It’s better to bake them in a few large batches than multiple small batches. Because we don’t want the dough to sit out too long, baking them in a couple batches will allow for an even bake across all your cookies.
Craving more cookies? Check out some of my other cookie recipes:
If you make my easy chocolate chip cookies, make sure to tag me @butternutbakery on Instagram! I love seeing your creations. And to save this recipe for later, pin it using the button on the recipe card, the buttons above or below this post, or pin it through any of the photos listed. Happy baking!Print
These are the BEST soft and easy chocolate chip cookies. No refrigerating, no waiting, just mix up the dough and pop them in the oven!
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325F and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt in a bowl and set aside. Melt your butter in a microwave safe container. Using a hand or stand mixer, mix together the melted butter and sugars. You want to mix it until it comes together like a thin paste (about a minute or two). You don’t want it to look like the butter is just sitting on top of the sugar.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla until smooth. It will look very liquidy at this point. Slowly add in the dry ingredients just until the dough comes together. Do not over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a large cookie scoop (about 1/4 cup) and place 3-4 scoops on your cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Start at 10 and go up from there. They will look pretty pale because of the low temperature but just keep an eye on the edges. They’ll turn a very very light golden brown. If you’re unsure, just take them out. It’s better to be under than over baked!
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and cool to room temp. Voila! You have a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies in no time at all!