These are the BEST easy chocolate chip cookies that are soft and gooey on the inside. No refrigerating, no waiting, just mix up the dough and bake!
- 2 1/2 cups (330g) all purpose flour*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (170g) light or dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup (55g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (180g) chocolate chips**
- Preheat your oven to 325F and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Melt your butter in a microwave safe bowl and allow it to cool for 5 minutes. Using an electric mixer or whisk, mix together the melted butter and sugars. You want to mix it until it comes together like a thin paste (about a minute or two).
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in the dry ingredients one half at a time. If making by hand, switch to a rubber spatula to fold together. Just before the dough completely comes together, toss in the chocolate chips and fold/mix to fully combine. Careful not to over mix.
- Use a large 2oz cookie scoop and place 5-6 scoops on your cookie sheet (the large scoop makes 12 cookies, regular scoop makes 18-20 cookies). Bake for 10-12 minutes. Start at 10 and go up from there. They will look pretty pale because of the low temperature but just keep an eye on the edges. They’ll turn a very very light golden brown. If you’re unsure, just take them out. It’s better to be under than over baked!
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and cool for about 20 minutes. Dig in while they’re still warm and gooey. Enjoy!
- *To measure flour properly, spoon it into your measuring cup and level it off with a butter knife.
- **I prefer dark chocolate chips, but use whatever kind you like best!
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, easy chocolate chip cookies, cookie recipe, cookies