These are the BEST soft and easy chocolate chip cookies. No refrigerating, no waiting, just mix up the dough and pop them in the oven!
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325F and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt in a bowl and set aside. Melt your butter in a microwave safe container. Using a hand or stand mixer, mix together the melted butter and sugars. You want to mix it until it comes together like a thin paste (about a minute or two). You don’t want it to look like the butter is just sitting on top of the sugar.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla until smooth. It will look very liquidy at this point. Slowly add in the dry ingredients just until the dough comes together. Do not over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a large cookie scoop (about 1/4 cup) and place 3-4 scoops on your cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Start at 10 and go up from there. They will look pretty pale because of the low temperature but just keep an eye on the edges. They’ll turn a very very light golden brown. If you’re unsure, just take them out. It’s better to be under than over baked!
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and cool to room temp. Voila! You have a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies in no time at all!