This cranberry limoncello spritz is the BEST Christmas cocktail! It checks all the boxes – it’s quick and easy, perfectly festive, and light and refreshing (to combat those heavy holiday meals). Using only 4 simple ingredients and a quick stir, this is the perfect cocktail to hand out at your holiday party.
Limoncello Spritz with Cranberry Juice
The inspiration for this recipe comes from my friends and their Italian family traditions. Limoncello always reminds me of the holidays because it’s the occasion where I first tried it at one of their holiday parties. A few of my friends like to have a fresh batch of limoncello ready in time for Christmas, so I knew I had to make a cocktail to pair with it.
Using a combination of limoncello, cranberry juice, prosecco, and a touch of sparkling water, this cocktail has the perfect balance of tart, sweet, and flavorful.
Simply mix all four ingredients together and your cocktail is ready to go! It’s perfect for holiday parties because it’s low effort but everyone always enjoys it.
Limoncello is an infusion of lemon zest with vodka and a bit of sugar. It takes quite a few months to prepare, so don’t worry if you don’t have a homemade batch. Store bought is perfectly fine – it’s what I used!
Limoncello Spritz Substitutions
For the best flavor, I recommend sticking to this simple recipe. Otherwise, here are some swaps you can try:
- Cranberry Juice for Pomegranate Juice – For a slightly sweeter cocktail, sub these one for one.
- Prosecco for Champagne – On the opposite end, for a slightly less sweet cocktail, swap the prosecco with champagne.
- Sparkling Water for Ginger Beer – To kick up the flavor, sub the sparkling water with ginger beer or a lemon-lime soda.
For a mocktail option, substitute the limoncello with lemonade (tart would be best), and the prosecco with more sparkling water or soda.
For more Christmas cocktails, check out my:
- Rosemary Pomegranate Margarita
- Smoky Spiced Orange Cocktail
- Spiced Apple Cider Margarita
- Toasted Marshmallow Espresso Martini
Make sure to tag me @butternutbakery on Instagram and comment below if you make this limoncello spritz. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card, the buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above. Cheers!Print