This sparkling amaretto punch is the perfect cocktail to make for the holidays or New Year’s Eve. It’s not too sweet but so incredibly flavorful with amaretto, cranberry juice, orange juice, and a splash of champagne. I’ve also included a mocktail option in the recipe notes!
How to Make Amaretto Punch
Keeping in mind that I’d like to make a New Year’s Eve cocktail recipe, I knew this recipe had to be incredibly quick and easy while also incorporating THE New Year’s beverage – champagne.
Combining the sweet, delicious flavor of amaretto with the light and crisp champagne was a no-brainer. But to take this cocktail up a notch, it’s made into a punch.
Tart flavors pair perfectly with amaretto as they help to naturally balance out the sweet intense flavor. So to accompany this cocktail, tart cranberry juice and fresh orange juice flavor this cocktail.
The juices and amaretto are shaken along with two dashes of aromatic bitters. Think of this ingredient as salt is to cooking. Bitters really help to liven up a cocktail by leveling out the sweet notes.
Once shaken, the cocktail is poured into a coupe glass and topped with champagne.
What Are The Best Ingredients?
To get the most out of this cocktail, here’s what you need to know:
- Amaretto – I’m not too impartial to any specific brand as all amaretto is delicious. But for the most part, I use Amaretto Disaronno.
- Cranberry Juice – Use pure cranberry juice made with 100% cranberries. Avoid cranberry cocktail or anything with added sugar as that can make the cocktail a bit too rich.
- Orange Juice – On the opposite end, use fresh squeezed orange juice rather than packaged orange juice. It has a sharper and more mellow flavor that pairs perfectly with the cranberry juice.
- Aromatic Bitters – This tiny amount does so much to help awaken the flavors of this cocktail. If you can’t get your hands on this little bottle of liquid gold, anything that is incredibly bitter will work. I suggest a TINY swig of Campari.
- Champagne – I’m also not too picky about my champagne and since it’s such a tiny amount, no need to splurge on the expensive stuff. Go for a nice crisp bottle!
Amaretto Batch Cocktail
To use an entire bottle of champagne, multiple all other ingredients by 12. No need to shake – just stir together in a punch bowl filled with ice.
- 2 1/4 cup amaretto
- 2 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 20-24 dashes bitters (I’d taste test the batch for this one)
- 1 bottle champagne
For more New Year’s Eve cocktail recipes, check out my:
Make sure to tag me @butternutbakery on Instagram and comment below if you make this amaretto cocktail. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card, the buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above. Cheers!Print