This moist Apple Cinnamon Bread is the best way to kick off apple picking season! It's loaded with fresh tender apples, warm cinnamon, and is topped with a layer of buttered cinnamon apples.
WHAT YOU NEED diced apples milk cider vinegar all-purpose flour ground cinnamon baking powder kosher salt unsalted butter light brown sugar granulated sugar unsweetened applesauce egg vanilla extract raw sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and grease the inside of a 9×5 loaf pan. Lay in a sheet of parchment paper so it covers the bottom and two long sides of the pan. 2. Place 1 cup of diced apples in a medium microwave-safe bowl and the other cup off to the side. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and microwave until melted. Then toss in 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a measuring glass, measure the milk and stir in the vinegar. Set aside. 4. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, the other 1 tsp of cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
5. Mix the remaining 1/2 cup of softened butter with the remaining 1/2 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup of granulated sugar. Then mix in the applesauce, egg, and vanilla. 6. Pour in half of the dry ingredients and mix. Just before it’s fully incorporated, pour in the milk and vinegar mixture and stir to combine.
7. Then dump in the rest of the dry ingredients and mix. Just before the flour is fully mixed in, toss in the other 1 cup of apples and fold to combine.
8. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and spread even. Scatter the buttered cinnamon apples over the surface. Very loosely swirl them into the batter. Sprinkle with a few pinches of raw sugar. 9. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean with a few moist crumbs. Allow the loaf to cool for about 45 minutes. Then slice and enjoy while it’s still warm!