These mini pumpkin pies are an easy out to baking an entire pumpkin pie from scratch. They’re baked with store bought pie crust, pumpkin cream cheese filling, and a coating of cinnamon sugar.
WHAT YOU NEED Pie Filling store bought pie dough cream cheese light brown sugar pumpkin puree pumpkin pie spice salt Cinnamon Sugar egg granulated sugar ground cinnamon
1. In a bowl using a fork, mash and mix together the cream cheese and brown sugar. 2. Once smooth, mix in half of the pumpkin puree. Once combined, mix in the other half along with the pumpkin pie spice and salt.
3. Lightly dust your surface with flour and unroll one of the pie sheets. Use a rolling pin to gently smooth the surface, just enough to smooth out any wrinkles and ridges. 4. Using a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter or a homemade pumpkin template (I made mine out of the box the pie dough came in – see notes for details), cut out your pumpkins. Roll out the scraps to cut out a few more pumpkins. You should be able to get about 10 pumpkins per sheet.
5. Fill the center of each pumpkin with a tablespoon of the filling, leaving a small border around the edge. 6. Beat the egg with about 2 teaspoons of water. Brush the bare border of each filled pumpkin with the egg wash.
7. To the other half of the pumpkins, cut 4 slits to resemble the ridges of a real pumpkin. I like to think of it as two sets of parentheses, a larger one going on the outside with a narrow set on the inside. 8. Place the vented pumpkins on top of the filled pumpkins and gently press down on the seems to seal the pies shut. Then crimp the edges with a fork and brush the surface of each pumpkin with the egg wash.
9. In a small dish, mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon sugar on top of each pumpkin. 10. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Allow the pumpkins to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.