These Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls are so good that they taste JUST like regular rolls! They’re soft and pillowy with a gooey cinnamon sugar filling and a sweet vanilla bean cream cheese icing on top. Just a delicious cinnamon roll.
WHAT YOU NEED Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Bread Mix granulated sugar instant yeast baking powder baking soda salt unsalted butter apple cider vinegar eggs cornstarch light brown sugar ground cinnamon cream cheese powdered sugar vanilla bean paste
1. With the dough hook attached, mix the bread flour mix (discard the yeast packet), sugar, instant yeast, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. 2. In a heat safe measuring glass, add the water, butter, and vinegar. Microwave until it’s warm to the touch but not piping hot. It’s ok if the butter doesn’t completely melt.
3. Slowly pour in the warm mixture. 4. Once it’s nearly mixed, add in the egg and egg white. Turn the mixer on medium-high speed and mix for a good 5 minutes to create a smooth and slightly stretchy dough.
5. Scoop out and plop the dough on top of the cornstarch. Dust the top of the dough with some more cornstarch and begin to press the dough down into a rectangle.
6. Spread melted butter all over the dough. Then sprinkle with brown sugar and dust the top with cinnamon. 7. Roll the dough up into a tight log. Use a pastry brush to dust off any excess cornstarch on the log. 8. Using flavorless floss, cut about 3 inches off of each end and discard. Then cut the dough into 7 rolls.
9. Crinkle a sheet of parchment paper, then unwrap it and place it inside a 10″ skillet. Arrange the rolls so that they have a good inch between them with 1 roll in the center and the other 6 surrounding it.
10. Pre-heat the oven to the lowest temperature possible. Turn the oven off and place the rolls inside. Allow the rolls to rise in the warm oven for 1 hour. 11. Remove them from the oven and preheat to 350F.
12. Bake the cinnamon rolls until the top is golden brown.
13. Place the room temperature butter and cream cheese in a small mixing bowl and use a fork to mash and mix the two together until smooth. 14. Mix in the powdered sugar a 1/2 cup at a time, followed by the vanilla. 15. Once smooth, dollop on the top of each roll and spread it smooth.