This Gingerbread Tiramisu is the perfect no bake dessert! With a mascarpone filling, gingerbread coffee soaked lady fingers, and a layer of gingerbread cookies in the center, this tiramisu is loaded with gingerbread flavor!
WHAT YOU NEED egg yolks granulated sugar molasses ground ginger ground cinnamon kosher salt vanilla extract mascarpone heavy cream crisp gingerbread cookies strong brewed gingerbread coffee lady fingers cocoa powder
1. Fill a pot with a couple inches of water and set over medium heat. In a heat-safe bow, add the egg yolks and sugar. Whisk until smooth. 2. Place the bowl over the pot of simmering water and continue whisking until the sugar is fully dissolved. Remove from heat and whisk in the molasses, ginger, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla.
3. Place the bowl inside a larger bowl filled with ice. Whisk the egg yolk mixture to ensure it chills evenly. It should be completely cold within 5 minutes. 4. Once chilled, whisk in the cold mascarpone.
5. Now in a separate bowl of a hand or stand mixer with the whisk attachment, add 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream and whip to stiff peaks. 6. Scoop the heavy cream into the mascarpone mixture and fold to combine. It should be fairly thin.
7. 1. Mix the sugar into the brewed coffee and allow it to cool before assembling. 8. When ready, briefly dunk the lady fingers (just a second) into the coffee and arrange in the bottom of an 8×8 pan. Cut the lady fingers as needed to fully cover the bottom in a single layer.
9. Using a large ice cream scoop or 1/4 measuring cup, scoop 5 full amounts over the lady fingers and spread even. 10. Now arrange a layer of gingerbread cookies over top. Do not dunk these in the coffee as the filling with soften them.
11. Place 5 more scoops of filling on top and spread even. Then lay down another layer of soaked lady fingers. 12. Place 3-4 scoops on top and spread even. You should now be left with about a cup of mascarpone filling. 13. With the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream, whip until stiff peaks and fold into the leftover filling.
14. Place the whipped filling into a piping bag and pipe dollops over the surface of the tiramisu. Dust with cocoa powder and decorate with more cookies. 15. Place the tiramisu into the refrigerator to chill overnight (a full 24 hours is best for flavor, but overnight will do the trick). Then slice and enjoy!