This Detroit-style cast iron skillet pizza is made with a super fluffy crust, thick-cut pepperoni, and a drizzle of hot honey. It's so easy to make and yields the BEST homemade pizza. There is a gluten free option as well!
WHAT YOU NEED Pizza Dough all purpose flour salt garlic power instant yeast olive oil honey Toppings low moisture mozzarella cheese pizza sauce pepperoni dried oregano dried basil cracked black pepper crushed red pepper hot honey parmesan cheese
1. In the bowl of stand mixer using the paddle attachment, add 1 cup flour, salt, garlic powder, and yeast. Mix to combine. 2. Combine the lukewarm water, 1 tbsp olive oil, and 1 tbsp honey. With the mixer on medium-low speed, slowly pour in. 3. Add in the remaining 1 1/3 cup of flour and mix on medium speed for about 4 minutes. It should start to form into a sticky and smooth mass.
4. When the dough is done mixing, scoop it into the center of a greased skillet. 5. Lightly spray a sheet of plastic wrap and lay it on top of the skillet, greased side down to prevent it from sticking to the dough. Place the pan in a warm place and let it rise for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
6. Lightly drizzle the dough with olive oil and stamp your fingers down into the dough to spread and even it out. 7. Leave the dough uncovered and let it rest for 20 minutes. During that time, adjust the oven rack to be on the lower third of the oven and preheat to 500F.
8. Coat the entire surface of the dough with 2/3 of the cheese, sprinkling it all the way out to the edges. 9. Dollop spoonfuls of the sauce all over the surface of the cheese. Then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top along with 1/3 of the herb and spice blend. Scatter the slices of pepperoni on top.
10. Bake on the lower third of the oven for 20-25 minutes. 11. Allow the pizza to cool for about 15 minutes, then run a knife around the edge of the skillet and lift the pizza out of the pan and onto a serving dish. 12. Sprinkle with the remaining herbs and spices, drizzle with honey, and grate some fresh parmesan on top. Let the pizza rest for another 10 minutes.