These delicious vegan cookie cups are made with rich and soft chocolate cookies that are filled with peanut butter and baked in a cupcake tin. They’re the best way to enjoy chocolate and peanut butter in one!
- 1/2 cup (110g) Miyoko’s European-style cultured unsalted vegan butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 flax egg*
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (195g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (45g) dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 oz vegan dark chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter**
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix together the butter and sugars until smooth and well combined. About 2 minutes on medium-high speed.
- Mix in the flax egg and vanilla to combine.
- Pour in the dry ingredients and mix on low-medium speed. About halfway through, mix in the two tablespoons of water. This will take the dough from dry and crumbly to smooth and soft.
- Prepare a cupcake tin by spraying each cavity with some nonstick spray and lightly dust the inside with cocoa powder.
- Press one tablespoon of dough into the bottom of each cavity. Try to shape it with a slight lip around the edge.
- Scoop a scant 1 tbsp of peanut butter in the center of each one.
- Cover the tops of each cookie with another tablespoon of dough. Press it into a disk and lay it on top of the peanut butter. Gently press the edges the seal the cookie cups shut.
- Press in a few chunks of chopped chocolate onto each cookie cup. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes, then run a knife around the edges to pop them loose. Transfer to a cooling rack and sprinkle the tops with a pinch of sea salt.
- Enjoy slightly warm or at room temperature.
*FLAX EGG – Combine 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 2 1/2 tbsp water in a small dish. Let it sit for about 5 minutes before use.
**CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER – I suggest using a classic no stir peanut butter for this recipe as this will bake the best. Natural peanut butter can also be used, it’s just a bit messier. I suggest using a heaping 1 tsp instead of 1 tbsp. Also know that the cups may cave in the middle when using natural peanut butter, but are perfectly fine to eat!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: cookie cups, peanut butter filled cookies, peanut butter and chocolate, chocolate cookie cups, vegan cookies, vegan cookie recipe, vegan cookie cups