These peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are soft, tender, and naturally vegan!
- 2/3 cup (90g) all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups (130g) old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (130g) creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter, room temp (vegan or regular)
- 1/2 cup (100g) dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup (55g) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips (vegan or regular)
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl using a hand or stand mixer, mix together the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, and sugar until smooth and creamy. Mix in the apple sauce and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips using a rubber spatula.
- Using a large 2 oz cookie scoop (or 1/4 measuring cup) scoop the cookie dough out on to one baking sheet. Place them about 3 inches apart, so you should be able to fit about 5 cookies on one large sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are a very light golden brown. Scoop dough out onto the second baking sheet and place it in the oven as soon as the first batch comes out.
- When the cookies are still warm and on the baking sheet, top with some extra chocolate chips and a sprinkle of sea salt. The cookies are very soft, so let them rest on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- They stay soft and tender even when cooled, so enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Keywords: peanut butter oatmeal cookies, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, vegan cookies