This chocolate chip skillet cookie has a layer of gooey Nutella baked right in the middle. It’s shear cookie HEAVEN!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips*
- 1/2 cup Nutella, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350F and spray your cast iron skillet with some nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together your flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together your butter and sugars using a hand or stand mixer.
- Once that’s light and fluffy, mix in the vanilla and eggs.
- Slowly mix in your dry ingredients as the dough gets pretty thick.
- Fold in 1 and 1/4 cups of your chocolate chips.
- Press half of your cookie dough into the bottom of your cast iron skillet. If it’s sticking to your hands, spray them with some nonstick spray.
- Pour your melted Nutella over top and spread it even, leaving a 1/2 inch gap around the edge.
- Take large chunks of the cookie dough and gently flatten them with your hands. Lay them on top of the Nutella layer then press the seems together so you have a smooth top.
- Sprinkle on the remaining 1/4 cup of your chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes for a more gooey cookie and 30-38 for a more well-done cookie. I baked mine for about 28 minutes.
- If you’d like to just dig in with your spoon, enjoy when it’s warm from the oven. For a cookie you can slice into like the one in this post, let it cool to room temperature.
*For the big chocolate chips in the photos shown here, I used bittersweet chocolate chips by Ghirardelli.
Keywords: skillet cookie, nutella stuffed cookie, skillet chocolate chip cookie