These Nutella stuffed chocolate chip cookies are cookie HEAVEN! They’re ooey gooey in the center and baked with brown butter for a rich flavor.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, browned and cooled
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Roughly 1/3 cup Nutella
- Flaky sea salt for sprinkling
- Start by prepping the Nutella. Line a plate with wax paper and dollop 12 heaping teaspoons onto the plate. Pop it in the freezer while you start on the dough.
- To brown the butter, melt it in a saucepan over medium-high heat until it reaches a deep amber color and gives off a nutty aroma. This takes about 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer to a heat proof container, scraping the bottom of the pan, and let the butter cool. It should be a little warm to the touch when you start making the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- For the dough, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Once cooled, mix together the brown butter and sugar using an electric mixer. Mix for about a minute but it won’t fully come together. It will remain a little clumpy which is fine.
- Next, mix in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Mix in the dry ingredients then fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Using a large cookie scoop, fill it about half way with the cookie dough then press your thumb in the center to create a well. By this time, the Nutella should be solid enough to pick up. Press a dollop of frozen Nutella into the center then cover with more cookie dough. Make sure you create a tight seal so the Nutella doesn’t melt out.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. The center will still look a little doughy. Transfer to a cooling rack and sprinkle with a little sea salt while they’re still warm.
- After about 10-15 minutes, you’re ready to dig in. Enjoy!
Keywords: nutella stuffed cookies, nutella stuffed chocolate chip cookies