Funfetti birthday cookies studded with golden Oreos. It’s a great birthday cake alternative!
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop up the Oreos into bite-sized pieces. I found it’s best to use a serrated knife (like a steak knife) to gently saw back and forth. This prevents the cookies from breaking apart.
- Whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Using a hand or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes on medium-high speed).
- Mix in the vanilla and egg.
- Mix the dry ingredients and right before the dough comes together, toss in the sprinkles and mix for a couple more seconds, just until they’re evenly distributed.
- Use a large cookie scoop to make 15-16 cookies. Place 5-6 cookies onto your baking sheet and bake for 11-13 minutes, or until the edges are a VERY light golden color.
- Right when you take them out of the oven, press a few Oreo pieces into the tops. Make sure it breaks through the surface and touches the doughy center. This helps them stick.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and allow them to cool for 15 minutes.
- Now dig in!
- *Spoon the flour into your measuring cup and level it off with a flat edge to ensure you don’t use too much
- **Clear vanilla extract is how you get that “funfetti birthday cake” flavor. If you don’t have access to it, regular vanilla extract is also OK to use!
Keywords: birthday cookies, funfetti cookies, golden oreos