These easy to bake marshmallow treats are made with cookie butter, speculoos cookies, and white chocolate ganache.
Cookie Butter Marshmallow Treats
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (170g) cookie butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 (10oz) bag mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk
- 3 cups (85g) puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup (70g) chopped Lotus Biscoff cookies (or any speculoos cookie)
White Chocolate Topping
- 1 cup (180g) white melting chocolate
- 1/3 cup (80ml) heavy whipping cream
- Lotus Biscoff cookies (or any speculoos cookie)
- Start by making the chocolate topping.
- Add the chocolate to a medium bowl and heat the heavy cream in the microwave for about 1 minute, or until steaming and bubbly.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and let it sit for 30 seconds, then whisk to combine.
- Chill the chocolate while you make the marshmallow mixture. It will thicken and turn more white/opaque.
- Line an 8×8 square baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter, cookie butter, and salt over medium heat.
- Once smooth mix in all but one cup of the marshmallows as well as the milk.
- When it’s completely smooth and all the marshmallows are melted, remove from heat and mix in the cereal and cookies.
- Once the cereal and marshmallow mixture are well combined, mix in the remaining 1 cup of marshmallows.
- Press the mixture into your baking dish. I found the best way to do this is to lightly grease your fingers and press it in with your hands.
- Spread the cooled chocolate mixture on top and press a few Biscoff cookies into the surface.
- Let the bars chill for about 20 minutes to set, then slice and enjoy!
BISCOFF COOKIES – If you can’t find speculoos cookies, you can swap them with gingersnap or vanilla butter cookies or just use all cereal.
Keywords: cookie butter marshmallow treats, marshmallow treats, cookie butter, cookie butter bars