These chocolate hazelnut blossoms are inspired by classic peanut butter blossoms! They have a soft Nutella chocolate with a hazelnut truffle on top. Each bite is sweet, crunchy, and so so good!
- 1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (160g) Nutella
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup (230g) all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (for rolling)
- 23 Ferrero Rocher truffles
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl using a hand or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. About 2-3 minutes on medium-high speed.
- Add the Nutella, egg, and vanilla and mix to combine. Scrape down the bowl and mix again.
- Pour in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the bowl and incorporate any dry bits that may be left at the bottom.
- Cover the bowl and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoon-sized cookie dough balls and roll in the sugar. Place each ball a few inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- While those bake, unwrap the truffles.
- Right when the cookies are pulled from the oven, press a truffle into the center of each cookie. The surface should crack.
- Allow the cookies to cool for about 3 minutes on the baking pan, then transfer to a cooling rack and continue to bake the rest of the cookies. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
Keywords: hazelnut blossoms, chocolate hazelnut blossoms, blossom cookies, nutella cookies, nutella blossom cookies, nutella blossoms