Brownie crusted cheesecake bars baked with layers of vanilla cheesecake, Oreos, and pumpkin cheesecake.
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (34g) all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream, room temp
- 3/4 cup (190g) pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 24 chocolate sandwich cookies
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick spray and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper. Allow the paper to hang over the sides of the dish so it’s easy to lift the bars out later.
- To a large heat-safe bowl, add the butter and chopped chocolate. Microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth and melted. It shouldn’t take more than 60 seconds.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 10 minutes, then mix in the sugar, egg, vanilla, and salt. Once smooth, fold in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Spread into an even layer at the bottom of the baking dish and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a large mixing bowl, either using a hand or stand mixer with the whisk attachment, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, and salt until smooth. Mix on low/medium-low speed.
- Once smooth, scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Scrape down the bowl again and mix in the sour cream.
- Spread about half of the mixture into an even layer on top of the brownie base.
- To the remaining cheesecake batter, mix in the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.
- To the regular cheesecake layer, place 16 chocolate sandwich cookies on top in an even layer.
- Gently pour the pumpkin cheesecake batter on top and spread it even. Chop 6-8 additional sandwich cookies and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15-20 minutes. When done, allow the bars to cool at room temp for about 30 minutes, then transfer to the refrigerator to chill completely for at least 2 hours or until the bottom of the pan is completely cooled.
- Lift the bars out of the pan and slice. Don’t leave the bars in the pan overnight as the paper will turn a bit soft and it will be difficult to slice the bars. Enjoy!
Keywords: pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin cheesecake bars, brownie cheesecake bars