This is the BEST pecan pie because it has a buttery and flaky pie crust and with a filling that is ooey gooey and loaded with pecans.
- 1 1/4 cups (155g) all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1/4 cup ice water
Pecan Pie Filling
- 1 cup (340g) Karo Light Corn Syrup
- 3/4 cup (150g) light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups (330g) pecan halves
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add in the cold and cubed butter and use your fingers to press it into the dough. Keep working it in until you reach small pea-sized lumps all throughout.
- Pour in 1/4 cup of ice water and mix with a wooden spoon. It should become thick and damp but still somewhat crumbly. It it’s still too dry, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until it starts to form into a shaggy dough.
- Pour it out onto a lightly floured surface (crumbs and all) and work it into a smooth ball. Flatten into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, let it rest at room temperature for about 15 minutes. Then roll it out and form it into your 9″ or 10″ pie dish. Place the shell back into the refrigerator while you make the filling.
Pecan Pie Filling
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the corn syrup, sugar, eggs, butter, and vanilla. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- Mix in the pecans to evenly coat.
- Pour into the chilled pie shell and spread around the pecans to create an even filling.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes. It’s done with the crust is golden brown, the edges are barely bubbling, and your whole kitchen has a nutty and caramelized aroma.
- Allow the pie to cool completely at room temperature, then move to the refrigerator to chill for about 1-2 hours to set.
- Slice and enjoy!
Keywords: pecan pie, pecan pie recipe, best pecan pie