Ultra creamy no bake vegan cheesecake is swirled with homemade blueberry jam and layered with a soft walnut date crust – completely vegan, gluten free, and naturally sweetened.
- 6 oz (about 1 cup) fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp tapioca starch
- 1 cup (170g) raw unsalted walnuts
- 6 large pitted medjool dates
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp melted coconut oil
- 1 cup (200g) raw cashews, soaked in water overnight or boiled for 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup (120g) coconut cream* (from a can of full fat coconut milk)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (or the seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean pod)
- Add all of the ingredients to a saucepan and stir to combine. Place over medium heat and continue to stir as the mixture thickens. Once the blueberries become tender, begin to mash about half of the berries with the back of a wooden spoon or potato masher.
- Continue to stir and cook for about 15 minutes, or until thickened. You know it’s ready when you can run a spoon down the center of the mixture and it takes about a second for it to pool back together.
- Pour the hot jam into a wide and shallow dish, so the jam is in a thin layer. Place it into the refrigerator to cool and thicken further while we make the rest of the cheesecake.
- Add the walnuts, dates, and salt to a food processor. Blitz on high speed for about 1-2 minutes, or until you reach a fine crumb.
- Spoon in the coconut oil and blitz again for another minute. It should be moist and able to hold its shape.
- Press into the bottom of a 9×5 loaf pan that has been greased and lined with parchment paper. Allow the paper to hang over the sides for easy release.
- Place the crust into the refrigerator while we make the cheesecake.
- For the cashews, you can either soak them in a bowl of water overnight in the refrigerator OR boil them for about 10 minutes. This makes them tender and easier to blend into a smooth consistency.
- Drain your cashews and place into a high speed blender with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake over the crust and spread it even. Dollop a few spoonfuls of the jam over the surface and use a toothpick to swirl it in.
- Cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and then foil. Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Transfer the cheesecake to the refrigerator for a couple hours before eating. Enjoy!
COCONUT CREAM – For the coconut cream, scoop it from the top of a can of full fat coconut milk. This is done so by chilling the coconut milk overnight, as this separates the liquid from the cream. You can also buy a can of coconut cream. If you can’t access it, use vegan cream cheese instead.
STORAGE – After the bars are frozen solid, you can choose to store them in the freezer or the refrigerator. For longevity, do the freezer (they’ll keep for up to 1 month). For easy access and snacking (since they stay soft and creamy here), store in the refrigerator. They’ll keep here for about a week.
Keywords: vegan cheesecake, blueberry cheesecake, vegan blueberry cheesecake, vegan blueberry cheesecake bars