These strawberry shortcake cheesecake bars are a twist on a classic dessert! Layered with a graham cracker crust, vanilla cake, no bake cheesecake, and juicy strawberries on top, this is strawberry shortcake on a whole other level.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup (140g) ground graham cracker crumbs (about 1 sleeve)
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 cup (55g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120g) milk
- 1 1/2 cups (195g) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 32 oz container strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 16 oz full fat cream cheese, room temp
- 1 cup (110g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz white chocolate, melted
Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease and line the bottom and all sides of an 8×8 baking dish.
- Mix together all of the crust ingredients and press into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mixing by hand or with an electric mixer, mix together the softened butter and sugar until smooth and lightened in color.
- Then mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Roughly mix in half of the dry ingredients, then the milk, then the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Spread the batter over the baked crust and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While the cake bakes, prep the strawberries. Cut the tops and slice the strawberries, then give them a good rinse.
- Transfer the berries to a large saucepan and add the sugar.
- Place over medium-low heat for gas or medium for electric and stir until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Then allow the strawberries to heat for about 5 minutes or until bright red, slightly tender, and glossy.
- Transfer the berries into a heat safe dish and store in the fridge.
- When the cake has cooled, make the cheesecake layer.
- Mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar either by hand or with an electric mixer.
- Then mix in the vanilla, followed by the melted white chocolate. To melt, heat in the microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Spread the cheesecake over the cooled cake and create deep swirls all over the surface. These swirls will create little cavities for the strawberries and juices to sit.
- Chill the cheesecake bars for at least 2 hours or until set. It can also chill overnight.
- To serve, remove the bars from the pan and slice into 9 squares.
- Spoon a hefty amount of strawberries over a slice and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Chilling Time: 3 hours
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry shortcake, strawberry shortcake cheesecake, strawberry shortcake cheesecake bars, strawberry shortcake cheesecake squares