Nothing screams Summer more than strawberry pizza! This recipe has a buttery shortbread crust, sweet cream cheese spread, fresh strawberries, and a jammy strawberry sauce on top. It’s the ultimate pairing of berries and cream!
- 1 cup (220g) unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup (55g) powdered sugar
- 2 cups (265g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (235ml) water
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp (120g) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 3 oz box of strawberry jello mix
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced (about 1 lb)
Cream Cheese Spread
- 8 oz full fat cream cheese, room temp
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a pizza pan with parchment paper.
- Add the cubed butter, sugar, and flour to a large bowl. Combine using a pastry cutter or your hands until it forms uniform small crumbles that are evenly blended (this can also be done in a food processor).
- Dump the loose dough out onto the pizza pan and press it down to a 10 inch crust. The dough will be pretty crumbly, so just keep working to pack it down tightly and then shape the edges at the end.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let it rest at room temp for about 15 minutes, then transfer to the refrigerator to chill completely. It can also be transferred to the freezer to speed up this process.
- While the crust bakes, make the strawberry sauce.
- Place the water, sugar, and cornstarch in a medium saucepan on medium heat. Whisk occasionally but keep an eye on it. It should become glossy and thick when it’s done (about 10 minutes).
- Remove it from the heat and mix in the strawberry jello mix. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill while we make the cream cheese spread.
Cream Cheese Spread
- When the crust has completely cooled, make the cream cheese spread.
- Using a fork, mash and stir together the room temperature cream cheese and sugar. Once smooth, mix in the vanilla and lemon juice.
- Spread it evenly onto the cooled crust then freeze for about 15 minutes, or until the strawberry sauce is completely cooled.
- When the cream cheese is set and the sauce is cooled, spread all but 1/2 cup of the sauce on top of the cream cheese.
- Lay the slices of strawberries on top of the sauce. With the reminding 1/2 cup of sauce, mix in 1-2 tbsp of water to thin it out to a thick syrup-like consistency.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the thinned sauce on the strawberries making sure to get the sauce into all the gaps and crevasses.
- Chill the pizza in the refrigerator for about 2 hours or until the sauce has set. It can also be frozen if you prefer to eat it that way. Then slice and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cooling Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry pizza, summer recipes, strawberry recipes, strawberry pizza recipe, fruit pizza, fruit pizza recipe, strawberry fruit pizza