These are seriously the best peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. They’re super soft and doughy on the inside with a slightly crisp outside.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips + more for topping
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand or stand mixer, cream together the peanut butter, butter, and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla until combined.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients just until the dough comes together – careful not to over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a small cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper. This is what you will use to chill the dough.
- Using a large ice cream scoop or 1/4 measuring cup, scoop out your dough and set them side by side on the cookie sheet. Don’t worry about rolling them in to perfect balls. Just plop them down and move on to the next one. You can also make regular sized cookies but make sure to reduce your baking time by 3-4 minutes.
- If you like, you can dot the tops with a few more mini chocolate chips.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight. You can speed up this process by placing them in the freezer for 1-2 hours but you might end up with crispier edges when baked.
- When ready, preheat your oven to 350F and bake the cookies on a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for 14-16 minutes or until the edges are a light golden color. You should only bake about 4-5 cookies at a time as they will spread quite a bit in the oven. Only bake one tray at a time, keeping the rest of the dough in the fridge until you’re ready for the next batch.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let them cool to room temperature before eating. They’ll seem pretty doughy in the middle but they’ll firm up as they cool. Store in an air tight container at room temperature. Enjoy!
Keywords: peanut butter cookies, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies