These peanut butter banana muffins are not only incredibly moist and delicious, but they’re also gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose gluten free baking flour (one with xanthan gum)
- 1/4 cup gluten free quick oats
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (omit if using salted peanut butter)
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp mashed banana (about 3 medium bananas)
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter (where the only ingredient is peanuts)
- 1/4 cup Wholesome Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- 3 tbsp Wholesome Organic Raw Unfiltered Honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with 10 liners.
- Whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the banana, peanut butter, coconut sugar, and honey.
- Once smooth, mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and then the chocolate chips.
- Evenly distribute the batter between 10 liners, filled almost all the way to the top. Sprinkle on some extra chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the tin for about 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. Let them cool to room temperature before eating. They also stay moist for up to 5 days when stored in an air tight container at room temperature.
Keywords: peanut butter banana muffins, banana muffins, gluten free muffins, dairy free muffins