These oatmeal fudge bars are rich, gooey, and so chocolatey. Soft oatmeal cookie is baked with a layer of chocolate fudge in the center. Each bite is tender, fudgy, and too good for words.
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup (165g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (110g) Danish Creamery salted butter, room temp
- 1 cup (200g) dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk, room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 cup (6oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- 7oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp Danish Creamery salted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease and line an 8×8 square baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl using a hand or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add the butter and sugar and mix on medium-high speed until light and creamy.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla, then scrape down the bowl and mix again until smooth.
- Pour in the dry ingredients and mix on low speed. Mix in the pecans right before the dry ingredients are fully incorporated. Then use a rubber spatula to mix in any dry bits that might be sitting at the bottom of the bowl. Set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients to a heat-safe dish and microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth. It shouldn’t take more than 60-90 seconds.
- Press about 2/3 of the cookie dough into the bottom of the baking dish. It will be a bit sticky so I recommend spritzing your fingers with some nonstick spray.
- Spread the fudge in an even layer over the oatmeal cookie base, then crumble the rest of the oatmeal cookie dough on top.
- Bake at 350F for 22-25 minutes, or until the tops of the oat cookie are a pale golden brown.
- Allow the bars to cool at room temperature for about 45 minutes. Then slice and enjoy!
UNSALTED BUTTER – For unsalted butter, add 1/2 tsp of kosher salt to the dough (mix in with all of the dry ingredients) and use a small pinch of kosher salt in the fudge.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oatmeal fudge bars, oat fudge bars, starbucks oat fudge bar