This lemon zucchini bread is incredibly soft, moist, and it’s also gluten free AND dairy free! You wouldn’t even know it because it’s just that good.
Lemon Zucchini Bread
- 1 3/4 cups Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar*
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (about 1 lemons)
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk, coconut cream only*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (about 1–2 lemons)
- 1 cup freshly grated zucchini
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Extra lemon zest for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease and line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Make sure the paper sticks up and over the sides so it’s easy to lift out once baked.
- Whisk together the gluten free flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar and lemon zest. Use your fingers to rub the zest into the sugar. This helps bring out even more lemon flavor.
- Whisk in the vegetable oil followed by the coconut milk, vanilla, eggs, and lemon juice.
- Mix in the grated zucchini and then fold in the dry ingredients.
- Pour into your loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean with a few moist crumbs.
- While the lemon zucchini bread cools, make the glaze.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until no lumps remain.
- When the bread is still a little warm, drizzle on the lemon glaze and top with extra lemon zest.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week. It actually has the best texture and flavor the next day. Enjoy!
- *Coconut sugar also works. Sub the same amount for a refined sugar-free option. Just know that your bread will turn a light brown color.
- *The coconut cream is the thick and creamy substance that should be at the very top of the can. Underneath is the liquid coconut water which we do not want.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
Keywords: lemon zucchini bread, zucchini bread, gluten free, dairy free