This lemon zucchini bread is incredibly soft, moist, and it’s also gluten free AND dairy free! You wouldn’t even know it because it’s just that good.
Lemon Zucchini Bread
- 1 3/4 cups Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar*
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (about 1 lemons)
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk, coconut cream only*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (about 1–2 lemons)
- 1 cup freshly grated zucchini
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Extra lemon zest for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease and line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Make sure the paper sticks up and over the sides so it’s easy to lift out once baked.
- Whisk together the gluten free flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar and lemon zest. Use your fingers to rub the zest into the sugar. This helps bring out even more lemon flavor.
- Whisk in the vegetable oil followed by the coconut milk, vanilla, eggs, and lemon juice.
- Mix in the grated zucchini and then fold in the dry ingredients.
- Pour into your loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean with a few moist crumbs.
- While the lemon zucchini bread cools, make the glaze.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until no lumps remain.
- When the bread is still a little warm, drizzle on the lemon glaze and top with extra lemon zest.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week. It actually has the best texture and flavor the next day. Enjoy!
- *Coconut sugar also works. Sub the same amount for a refined sugar-free option. Just know that your bread will turn a light brown color.
- *The coconut cream is the thick and creamy substance that should be at the very top of the can. Underneath is the liquid coconut water which we do not want.
Keywords: lemon zucchini bread, zucchini bread, gluten free, dairy free