These EASY lemon poppy seed muffins are not only moist and delicious, but they’re also topped with a simple homemade honey butter. Talk about the best ever!
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 heaping tbsp lemon zest (3–4 large lemons)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (3–4 large lemons)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 tsp honey
- Tiny pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 400F and line a muffin tin with 12 liners. Depending on the size of your tin, you’ll end up with 12-15 muffins.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, poppy seeds, and lemon zest.
- In another bowl, mix together the melted butter, Greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract, and lemon juice.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and fold to combine. The batter will get pretty thick but just keep folding until it comes together.
- Scoop the batter into your liners almost all the way to the top (see top photo in this post).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the center has risen and a toothpick comes out clean with a few moist crumbs.
- Let them cool in the pan for about 5 minutes then remove and place them on a cooling rack.
- While they cool, make the honey butter. Mix together all of the ingredients and spread on your warm muffins. This is the best time to eat them so enjoy!
Keywords: lemon poppy seed muffins, honey butter