These homemade protein bars taste like cookie dough but are completely gluten free, vegan, nut-free, and are naturally sweetened with maple syrup. They’re made by hand and SO quick and easy to make. A batch makes 12 bars with each having 12 grams of plant-based protein!
- 1 cup (250g) no sugar added SunButter
- 1/2 cup (145g) pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup (65g) vanilla pea protein powder
- 3/4 cup (85g) oat flour
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling
- Add the SunButter and maple syrup to large a bowl. Use a rubber spatula to mix the two together.
- Once smooth, add in the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine. This part takes a little elbow grease, but keep working and it will come together.
- Right before it’s fully combined together, add in the chocolate chips and continue to mix until the dry ingredients have disappeared and the chips are evenly distributed.
- Line a 8×8 square baking dish with parchment paper and allow it to hang over the sides for easy removal.
- Press the dough into the baking dish and spread it as even and as smooth as possible.
- Sprinkle a handful of chocolate chips on top (optional) and press them into the surface.
- Chill the bars for at least 1 hour. At the 1 hour mark they may still be a bit soft, but definitely manageable. The longer the bars chill, the more solid/thick they become (but not tough or hard).
- Remove from the pan and slice into 12 bars. Store the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator where they will keep for about 10 days. Enjoy!
NUTRITION INFORMATION per bar – PROTEIN: 12g | CARBS: 25g | FAT: 16g | CALORIES: 293g
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade protein bars, protein bars, vegan protein bars, gluten free protein bars, cookie dough protein bars, nut free protein bars