These are the BEST vegan brownies! They’re so incredibly rich and fudgy that you would never even know they’re also gluten free. Better yet, this is a one-bowl brownie recipe so they’re super quick and easy to make!
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 5 tbsp brewed coffee*
- 1/2 cup (120g) Organic SunButter
- 1/2 cup (105g) melted coconut oil
- 1 cup (280g) pure maple syrup**
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup (130g) organic gluten free oat flour
- 3/4 cup (70g) unsweetened dutch process cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3.5 oz vegan dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup mini vegan semisweet chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease and line an 8×8 square baking dish with parchment paper. Allow the paper to hang over the sides for easy removal.
- In a small dish, combine the ground flaxseed and coffee (this makes 2 flax eggs). Mix and let it sit for about 5 minutes before moving on to the next step.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the SunButter, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and flax eggs.
- Once smooth, add in the oat flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Fold in the chopped chocolate using a rubber spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it even. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the very center is no longer sticky to the touch but may appear slightly underdone.
- Allow the brownies to cool for about 45 minutes, or until the bottom of the pan is barely warm. Then sprinkle with sea salt, slice and enjoy!
*COFFEE – Water can be subbed, but coffee will give you a much better flavor!
**MAPLE SYRUP – Make sure to use pure maple syrup and not pancake syrup. Pancake syrup is mostly corn syrup, so it could change the texture and sweetness of these brownies.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan brownies, vegan gluten free brownies, gluten free vegan brownies, vegan brownie recipe