Why have a regular chocolate chip cookie when you can have a giant chocolate chip cookie that is as big as your head! And stuffed with Nutella! It’s then taken a step further, made with brown butter, melty semisweet chocolate, and flaky sea salt.
- 1/2 cup (65g) all purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (55g) salted butter + 1 tbsp
- 1/4 cup (50g) light brown sugar, packed
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips + 2 tbsp
- 2 heaping spoonfuls of Nutella
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling on top
- Add 1/4 of butter to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until melted and browned. Pour into a measuring glass and mix in the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Place in the refrigerator to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, sugar, and cooled brown butter (it’s ok if it’s still a bit warm, just not piping hot).
- Whisk in the vanilla and egg yolk. Mix well until completely smooth.
- Add in the dry ingredients and use a rubber spatula to mix together the dough. Then mix in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl and chill for 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once chilled, divide the dough in half. Roll one half into a ball and press it flat into the center of the baking pan, forming a burger patty shape.
- Mold the edges of the cookie dough to create a small wall around the sides (see picture in post for reference).
- Add two heaping spoonfuls of Nutella to the center of the dough.
- With the remaining dough, roll into a ball and press it flat in your hands so that it’s slightly larger than the Nutella filled dough.
- Lay the second half of dough on top of the first half and cup the edges to seal in the Nutella.
- Gently seal in any potential cracks on the surface and then add about 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the edges are a light golden brown and the center looks barely underdone. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt when it’s fresh from the oven.
- Allow the cookie to cool on the baking pan for about 15-20 minutes. Transfer it to a cooling rack if desired, or just eat straight from the pan. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: giant chocolate chip cookie, nutella stuffed chocolate chip cookie, giant cookie, giant chocolate chip cookie recipe