These funfetti cookies have a frosting surprise in the center! A simple buttercream frosting is baked right into the middle, making these the ultimate funfetti cookies.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Tiny pinch of salt
- 2 tsp sprinkles
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup sprinkles
- Mix together the butter and sugar using an electric mixer until well combined. It may still look pretty clumpy but just keep mixing to help loosen it up.
- Mix in the vanilla and salt. Again, it will seem very thick and clumpy. Use a spatula to fold in the sprinkles. This is when you’ll see the frosting fully come together.
- Drop 11-12 heaping teaspoons onto a plate lined with parchment paper. Roll them into balls and place them in the fridge while you make the cookie dough.
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together the melted butter and sugars. Keep mixing on medium to medium-high speed until you reach a thick paste-like consistency and the mixture starts to lighten in color.
- Next, mix in the vanilla and egg.
- Once combined, mix in the dry ingredients.
- When the dough has completely come together and no dry streaks remain, fold in the sprinkles.
- Using a 2oz cookie scoop*, fill it about halfway with the cookie dough then press a chilled frosting ball into the center. At this point, they should be firm and easy to pick up.
- Add more cookie dough to top off the scoop and seal the frosting in. Place it on the cookie sheet.
- Bake 5-6 cookies at a time for 8-10 minutes. The edges will turn a very light golden color and the center will still look a little soft and pale.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and wait about 10-15 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
- *If you don’t have a cookie scoop, you can also use 1/4 measuring cup. Measure out the cookie dough, press it flat, place the frosting inside, then fold the dough around it to create a sealed ball. Bake as instructed.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: funfetti cookies, frosting stuffed cookies, frosting filled cookies