This creamy and rich edible brownie batter cookie dough is completely safe to eat using heat treated flour. The recipe also includes gluten free and dairy free (vegan) variations so everyone can enjoy it!
Standard Brownie Batter Cookie Dough Recipe*
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, heat treated* and sifted
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks or chips, optional
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter and sugar. Make sure the butter is still warm and let the two ingredients sit together for a few minutes until the butter reaches room temperature.
- Then, whisk the two together until combined.
- Sift in the cocoa powder and heat treated flour and stir to combine. Mix in the maple syrup.
- Pop the batter into the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes until thickened. The longer you keep it in there, the thicker it will get.
- Mix the batter again to loosen it up then stir in the chocolate chunks. Now dig in!
- *Ingredients for vegan and gluten free options are listed within the post.
- **Spread the flour onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 5 minutes at 350F. Let it cool before adding it to the mixture.
Keywords: edible brownie cookie dough, edible brownie batter, edible cookie dough