These healthy cookie dough eggs are made up of 8 simple ingredients, are mixed by hand, and are completely gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free.
Healthy Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup (125g) natural cashew butter*
- 3/4 cup (70g) almond flour*, spooned and leveled
- 1/4 cup (35g) gluten free baking flour*, heat treated, spooned and leveled
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt (if using unsalted nut butter)
- 1/4 cup mini vegan semisweet chocolate chips*
Healthy Cookie Dough
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl, minus the chocolate chips.
- Stir until it forms a thick cookie dough-like consistency. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into 10 egg shapes using a medium cookie scoop (about 1.5 tablespoons each). Place on a tray or plate lined with parchment paper and chill for about 30 minutes.
- In a heat proof dish (I recommend a 2 cup measuring glass for easy coating), melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave in 30 second intervals. Stir between each interval until smooth.
- Dunk your cookie dough eggs into the chocolate and use a fork to lift out and tap off any excess chocolate.
- Place back on to the parchment paper. Once all eggs are coated, use any remaining chocolate to drizzle on top. Then sprinkle each egg with a bit of sea salt.
- Chill for 15 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened. Enjoy!
NUT BUTTER – I recommend cashew butter because of its mild flavor as it doesn’t overpower the cookie dough. Otherwise, feel free to use any natural nut or seed butter as long as you like the taste. Just make sure it’s natural and only made up of one ingredient.
GLUTEN FREE FLOUR – To heat treat, microwave the flour for 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds. This kills any potential harmful bacteria.
ALMOND FLOUR – I haven’t tested it, but oat flour is a great substitute for almond flour. For a nut-free recipe, sub in 3/4 cup of oat flour.
CHOCOLATE – You can also use finely chopped vegan chocolate. You can choose to use either dark or semisweet, but I prefer semisweet for a little extra sweetness.
Keywords: cookie dough, healthy cookie dough, cookie dough easter eggs, easter desserts, vegan, gluten free