This gooey butter cinnamon pie is baked with a delicious pecan crust. It’s an effortless pie recipe that’s bursting with flavor and is sure to impress!
- 1 Diamond Nuts Pecan Pie Crust
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 2 tbsp malted milk powder
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 6 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large egg yolks
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the sugars, milk powder, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Mix on low until blended.
- Add in the melted butter and mix on low until the dry ingredients are evenly moistened.
- Add in the vanilla and heavy cream and continue to mix on low until combined.
- Scrape down the bowl and mix in the yolks one at a time, still on low speed.
- When the mixture is glossy and smooth, pour it into your pie crust and bake for 15 minutes. Then, reduce the heat to 325F and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes. If the edges brown too quickly, cover in foil with a hole cut in the middle so the center of the pie can still bake through.
- The pie is ready when the center has a slight jiggle to it. If it’s not there yet, continue to bake for another 5 minutes.
- Let the pie rest at room temperature for 30-40 minutes then transfer to the freezer uncovered for at least 5 hours but preferably overnight.
- Transfer to the fridge for 1 hour before serving. For different serving and storing methods, please see post above or leave a comment below. Enjoy!
Keywords: cinnamon pie, cinnamon pie recipe, cinnamon pecan pie, pecan crust