This puff pastry Christmas tree is filled with chocolate and is SO easy to make! Using just three ingredients, spread chocolate between two sheets of puff pastry, cut into a tree, twist the ends, and bake. It’s the perfect centerpiece to any Holiday party.
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 heaping cup Chocolate SunButter
- 1 large egg, for egg wash
- Powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out one sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and place on the sheet of parchment paper.
- Spread on the chocolate SunButter, leaving a 1/2 inch gap around the sides.
- Roll out the other sheet of puff pastry and lay it on top of the other.
- Using a ruler as a guide for straight edges, cut out a short and wide tree trunk at the bottom of the rectangle.
- Then place the ruler from the top center of the rectangle down to the bottom left corner. Cut along the line. Repeat on the right side to reveal our triangle tree with a short stubby trunk. *Keep the cut offs to cut out stars or more twist strips.
- Using the ruler as a guide again, cut 1″ strips all up the tree on both sides. Do not cut all the way across. Leave an uncut gab in the center of the tree (see picture in post for reference).
- With all the strips cut, start twisting each one. Grab the ends, twist two times away from you, and press down the ends to keep the twists in place. Repeat this all the way up the tree. Once you get to the top 2-3 rows, only twist once as these pieces aren’t long enough for two twists.
- Beat an egg in a small dish and brush the surface of the pastry. From the scraps, cut out a star and place on top. Brush the star with egg wash as well.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve while it’s still warm. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: puff pastry tree, puff pastry christmas tree, chocolate christmas tree, chocolate puff pastry christmas tree