These cookies are crispy on the outside, gooey and chewy on the inside, and loaded with butterscotch and chocolate chips. Pecans and flaky sea salt are added to balance out the sweetness, making them SO GOOD!
- 1 1/4 cup (165g) all purpose flour *see notes
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (100g) light or dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup (75g) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup (120g) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (90g) butterscotch chips
- 1/4 cup (25g) chopped pecans*
- Flaky sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the melted butter and sugars either by hand or using an electric mixer. Keep mixing on medium high speed until the mixture lightens and thickens (about 3 minutes, see picture in post for reference).
- Mix in the vanilla and egg until smooth.
- Dump in the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Fold in the chips and nuts using a rubber spatula.
- Scoop the cookies out on to the baking sheet, spacing them a few inches apart as they spread quite a bit. Use a regular cookie scoop (2 tablespoons) for the best results.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are a light golden brown and the center is pale and puffed. The cookies will continue to bake and settle once they’re out of the oven so it’s ok if they look a little underdone.
- Sprinkle with a little sea salt and transfer to a cooling rack. Let them cool for about 10 minutes then dig in!
FLOUR – To measure the flour, spoon it into your measuring cup and level it off with a flat edge. Don’t shake or press it down into the cup and don’t scoop directly from the flour bag. This will lead to too much flour in your cookies and they won’t spread nice and even.
NUTS – If you don’t like nuts, you can leave these out.
Keywords: butterscotch chocolate chip cookies, butterscotch cookies, cookie recipes