These toffee crunch brown butter rice krispies are so easy to make and yet people go crazy for them! They’re extra gooey, packed with that nutty brown butter flavor, and loaded with crunchy toffee.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, browned
- 1 10oz bag mini marshmallows
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 4 cups Rice Krispies (or Rice Chex for GF version)
- 4 Heath bars, chopped
- Spray an 8×8 baking pan with nonstick spray and chop the heath bars. Set both aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Once melted, keep stirring until it turns an amber color and gives off a delicious nutty aroma. This will take about 5 minutes and the butter will begin to bubble and then foam. Just keep stirring until it darkens.
- Once browned, quickly mix in the marshmallows to prevent the butter from burning. Keep stirring until the marshmallows are just melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and salt.
- Fold in the cereal until it’s evenly combined.
- Let the mixture rest for just a couple minutes and then gently fold in HALF of the toffee. Only give it a couple turns to prevent the chocolate from melting all over.
- Press into your prepared pan then press the rest of the toffee on top.
- Allow it to cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Slice and enjoy! Cover the rest in plastic wrap or foil and store at room temperature.
Keywords: rice krispie treats, brown butter rice krispie treats, brown butter, marshmallow treats