These are seriously the BEST blueberry muffins. Not only do they bake with the most perfect muffin tops, but they’re also incredibly moist and flavorful. They’re also made with extra blueberries, so there’s a burst of fresh berries in every single bite.
- 2 1/2 cups (320g) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) light brown sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups (280g) fresh blueberries, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1/4 cup (55g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (50g) vegetable or canola oil
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream, room temp
- 1/2 cup (118ml) milk, room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- Raw sugar, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 425F and line a cupcake tin with 11 paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Then add in the blueberries and mix to distribute.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the butter, oil, eggs, sour cream, milk, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a rubber spatula to stir the two together.
- Evenly distribute the batter between the 11 liners (I use a large ice cream scoop to make this process easy). They should more than fill each liner.
- Dot the tops with a few extra blueberries and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the edges are golden brown, the blueberries have burst, and a toothpick in the center comes out clean with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. To release, you may need to use a small knife to slice between the edge of the muffin tops and the cupcake tin because some of the blueberries may stick.
- Transfer the muffins to a cooling rack and continue to cool until they’re just barely warm (this is the best time to eat them). Enjoy!
STORAGE – Once the muffins are completely cooled, store in an air tight container. They can be kept at room temperature for a couple days, or the refrigerator for about a week. Luckily these stay really moist!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry muffins, blueberry muffin recipe, homemade blueberry muffins