All four of these blossom cookie flavors are made using one dough! Classic peanut butter, gingerbread, chocolate and sugar cookie blossom cookies all in one batch. It’s perfect for a cookie exchange or Christmas cookie boxes!
Base Blossom Cookie Dough
- 3 cups (396g) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup (185g) unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate Hershey’s kisses
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookie Dough
- 1/4 cup (60g) creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- Granulated sugar, for rolling
Chocolate Blossom Cookie Dough
- 2 1/2 tbsp dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp milk
- Chocolate sprinkles, for rolling
Sugar Blossom Cookie Dough
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- Sprinkles, for rolling
Gingerbread Blossom Cookie Dough
- 1 1/2 tbsp molasses
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Demerara or raw sugar, for rolling
Base Blossom Cookie Dough
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Also fill four small dishes with each of the cookie dough rolling ingredients (granulated sugar, chocolate sprinkles, red and green sprinkles, and raw sugar).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl using a hand or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Then mix in the eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour in half of the dry ingredients and mix. Pour in the other half and mix until combined. The dough will appear thick and crumbly at first, but keep mixing and it will come together.
- Evenly divide the dough between four bowls. If you would like to weigh for precision, each should weigh about 245g.
- Add the ingredients to the respective bowls with peanut butter, chocolate, sugar, and gingerbread all in separate bowls.
- Using a regular spoon, mix each dough until well combined. Some doughs will be tougher than others so a little elbow grease will help!
- Scoop the cookie dough out onto a large plate or pan. For peanut butter, scoop a heaping tablespoon and the others scoop a true tablespoon.
- Roll each dough ball smooth between your hands and then coat in their respective coating. For the sugar cookie, if the sprinkles don’t stick, dampen your hands and then roll the balls smooth before rolling in the sprinkles.
- Place the cookie dough on the large baking pan, each spaced about 2.5 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- While they bake, unwrap the Hershey’s kisses. When the cookies are done, immediately press a kiss into the center of each cookie. The peanut butter blossoms should crackle when pressed which is what we want!
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and continue to bake the rest of the batch.
- Enjoy the cookies warm or at room temperature.
STORAGE – Allow the cookies to cool completely and the kisses to firm up. Store in an air tight container at room temperature and they will keep for up to 5 days.
CANDY CANE – For ANOTHER flavor, press candy cane kisses into half of the sugar cookies
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cooling Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blossom cookies, blossom cookie recipe, peanut butter blossoms, peanut butter blossom cookies, chocolate blossoms, sugar cookie blossoms, gingerbread blossoms, hershey's kiss cookies, chocolate kiss cookies