These are the BEST M&M cookies! They’re buttery, chewy, and loaded with both mini and crushed M&Ms. There’s also no down time, just mix and bake.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 cup (220g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups (290g) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup original M&Ms, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 3/4 cup mini M&Ms, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and set aside.
- Fill a ziplock bag with the original M&Ms and seal shut. Use a rolling pin and wack the M&Ms to roughly crush into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl using a hand or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix together the butter and sugars. Mix on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the bowl and mix in the eggs one at a time on medium-high speed. Once combined, scrape down the bowl and mix for another good 2-3 minutes, followed by the vanilla.
- Scrape down the bowl again and mix in half of the dry ingredients on low-medium speed. Once almost combined, mix in the rest of the dry ingredients again on low-medium speed. Careful not to over mix.
- Pour in the crushed and mini M&Ms and use a rubber spatula to gently fold into the dough. Again, careful not to over mix.
- Using a large 2 oz cookie scoop, or 1/4 measuring cup, scoop the dough out onto the baking sheet. Only bake about 4-5 cookies at a time and space them well apart as they spread quite a bit.
- Top with more M&Ms (see picture in post as to what this should look like), and bake for 12-15 minutes. They’re ready when the edges are lightly golden and the center is pale, puffed, and slightly underdone. Right when they’re pulled from the oven, use a fork to nudge in around sides of the cookies. This will give you crisp and wrinkly edges.
- Sprinkle the cookies with even more M&Ms and a pinch of sea salt (both optional but recommended).
- Transfer to a cooling rack and allow the cookies to cool for about 15 minutes. Then dig in!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: m&m cookies, m&m cookie recipe, chewy m&m cookies, cookie recipe