This basque cheesecake is an intentionally burnt cheesecake which provides a bitter outer layer and extra creamy inside. It’s the easiest cheesecake you will ever make!
- 2 pounds (four 8oz blocks) full fat cream cheese, room temp
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups (420g) heavy cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (33g) all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 400F and butter the inside of a 9″ springform pan.
- Press two layers of parchment paper into the bottom and up the sides. They should stick up about 2 inches above the edge of the pan.
- Cream together the cream cheese and sugar on medium low speed using a hand or stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time on low speed and then the vanilla.
- Pour the heavy cream in a slow and steady stream while the mixer is on low speed. Once smooth, sift in your flour and salt and fold to combine.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until the top is completely burnt and it has a slight jiggle to it.
- Let it cool to room temperature for about an hour then remove from the pan and slice. You can also leave it in the pan and place it in the fridge for a couple hours to completely set (my personal preference). Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooling Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 1 hour
Keywords: cheesecake, burnt basque cheesecake, basque burnt cheesecake