This apple cider bundt cake is super moist, coated in cinnamon sugar, and topped in an apple cider glaze. It’s so easy to make but looks amazing!
Apple Cider Cake
- 3 cups Bob’s Red Mill Organic All Purpose Flour (see notes for GF version)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup oil (any mild flavored oil like vegetable or canola)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp apple cider
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
Apple Cider Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3–4 tsp apple cider
- Preheat the oven to 350F and coat the inside of a 10-cup bundt pan with nonstick spray. See notes in the post above about using different pans and methods to prevent your cake from sticking.
- Grab two bowls, one large and one medium.
- In the large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients (flour, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt).
- In the medium bowl whisk together all of the wet ingredients (apple cider, apple sauce, oil, eggs, and vanilla).
- Pour the wet into the dry and use a rubber spatula to combine. You may be left with a few small lumps in the batter but that’s totally fine. Just get it as smooth as you can without over mixing it.
- Pour the batter into your prepped bundt pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 15-20 minutes then turn it out onto a cooling rack.
- Once it’s completely cooled (about 30 minutes), prep the coating.
- Mix together the melted butter and apple cider in a small cup or bowl. Do the same for the cinnamon and sugar in another bowl.
- Brush the butter and apple cider mixture over the entire cake with a pastry brush, using up every last drop.
- Quickly switch to the cinnamon sugar and press it into every inch of the cake.
- Drizzle on the apple cider glaze before serving. Mix the two ingredients together, adding one tsp of apple cider at a time until you reach the perfect consistency. It should be pourable but not too thin.
- To make this gluten free: Swap the 3 cups of flour for 2 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free All Purpose Flour + 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Super Fine Almond Flour. The rest of the recipe remains the same, but bake the cake for an extra 5 minutes
- To make this dairy free: Swap the butter for plant-based butter
Keywords: apple cider cake, apple cider bundt cake, apple cider donut cake, apple cake, bundt cake