These almond chocolate chip cookie bars are gluten free and dairy free! They’re extra chewy and gooey, made with a mix of almonds, oats, and chocolate.
- 3/4 cup natural almond butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar (or 1/2 cup coconut sugar and 1/4 cup pure maple syrup)
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk (or 2 tbsp ground flax + 4 tbsp water – mix and let sit for 5–10 minutes before use)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Super-Fine Natural Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Organic Quick Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 oz dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the almond flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl using an electric mixer, mix together the almond butter and brown sugar.
- Mix in the egg, egg yolk, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Dump in the dry ingredients and mix until combined. At this point the dough will be very thick.
- Try your best to fold in the chocolate and almonds as evenly as possible.
- Take large chunks of the dough and press it into the pan. Some chocolate and almonds will fall to the bottom of the bowl. Sprinkle those all over the top of the dough and press them in.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let it cool in the pan for about 20 minutes then slice and serve. Enjoy!
Keywords: cookie bars, gluten free chocolate chip cookie bars, almond chocolate chip cookie bars