These monster cookies definitely live up to the name! They’re thick, soft, and loaded with M&M’s and chocolate chips. This recipe even includes a secret ingredient to enhance the flavor and texture. These can also be made regular or vegan!
- 1 1/4 cup (125g) quick oats
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter (reg or vegan), room temp
- 1/2 cup (140g) creamy peanut butter, like Jif or Skippy
- 3/4 cup (180g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup (55g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp molasses*
- 1 large egg or 1 flax egg**
- 1 cup (185g) M&Ms or UNREAL chocolate gems
- 1 cup (185g) semisweet chocolate chips (reg or vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with a hand or stand mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugar on medium-high speed for a couple minutes until light and fluffy. (see picture in post for reference). Scrape down the bowl.
- Mix in the vanilla, molasses, and egg until fully combined. Scrape down the bowl and give it another mix.
- Toss in the dry ingredients and mix just until the dough comes together. Remove from the mixer and fold in the M&M’s and chocolate chips using a rubber spatula.
- Using a large cookie scoop (2oz) scoop 5-6 cookies onto the baking sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges. If using a regular cookie scoop, bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet or a couple minutes, then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
*MOLASSES – You can’t actually taste the molasses in these cookies. It just helps to enhance the flavors and create a chewy-gooey texture.
**VEGAN EGG – Sub one whole egg with one flax egg = 1 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 2 1/2 tbsp water. Let it sit and gel for 5 minutes before use.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: monster cookies, monster cookie recipe, peanut butter cookies