These are the BEST monster cookies. They’re thick, soft, and loaded with m&m’s and chocolate chips. This recipe also includes a secret ingredient to enhance the flavor and texture.
- 1 1/4 cup (125g) quick oats
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup (140g) creamy peanut butter, like Jif or Skippy
- 3/4 cup (180g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup (55g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp molasses*
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (185g) M&Ms
- 1 cup (185g) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with a hand or stand mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugar on medium-high speed for a couple minutes until light and fluffy. (see picture in post for reference). Scrape down the bowl.
- Mix in the vanilla, molasses, and egg until fully combined. Scrape down the bowl and give it another mix.
- Toss in the dry ingredients and mix just until the dough comes together. Remove from the mixer and fold in the M&M’s and chocolate chips using a rubber spatula.
- Using a large cookie scoop (2oz) scoop 5-6 cookies onto the baking sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges. If using a regular cookie scoop, bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet or a couple minutes, then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
*You can’t actually taste the molasses in these cookies. It just helps to enhance the flavors and create a chewy-gooey texture.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: monster cookies, monster cookie recipe, peanut butter cookies