This is seriously the FUDGIEST and GOOIEST recipe for skillet brownies. Not only are they insanely delicious, but they’re also gluten free, dairy free, and made with a secret ingredient to get that perfect texture.
- 3/4 cup vegan butter (or regular unsalted butter)
- 4 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup natural SunButter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed (or coconut sugar)
- 3/4 cup gluten free all-purpose flour (with xanthan gum)*
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips (divided) + 1 handful for sprinkling
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F and spray your cast iron with some nonstick spray. I used a 10.25″ cast iron skillet.
- In a saucepan, add the butter, 4 oz chocolate, cocoa powder, and natural SunButter. Melt over medium heat until fully combined. Take it off the heat and mix in the vanilla. Allow it to cool for about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar. This takes some effort, but really whip the two together until it becomes pale and fluffy (see picture about). This takes 3-5 minutes of whisking.
- When the chocolate mixture is cooled enough to where it’s just warm to the touch (not hot), slowly pour it into the egg mixture and continue to whisk.
- Once that’s combined, switch to a rubber spatula and dump in the flour and salt. Fold them into the batter and then fold in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the cast iron and spread even. Sprinkle a handful of chocolate chips on top and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Once baked, melt together the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate and 1 tsp coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth and glossy. Drizzle it on top of the warm skillet brownies.
- You can either dig right in with a spoon while the brownies are still warm, or let them cool completely and cut into slices. Either way, it’s super fudgy and delicious!
Keywords: skillet brownies, gluten free skillet brownies, gluten free brownies, gluten free brownie recipe, fudgy brownies