Moist pumpkin bread with a crunchy pumpkin spice streusel topping and maple glaze. It’s seriously the BEST pumpkin bread recipe!
Pumpkin Spice Streusel
- 1/4 cup (55g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (65g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50g) light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 15oz can pure pumpkin puree *SEE NOTES
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup (100ml) vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (110ml) milk
- 1 3/4 cups (230g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (60g) powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup (85g) pure maple syrup
Pumpkin Spice Streusel
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients and place in the fridge while you make the pumpkin bread.
- Preheat the oven to 325F**SEE NOTES, grease the inside of a 9×5 loaf pan, and line with parchment paper. Make sure the paper comes up and over the two longest sides of the pan so it’s easy to lift out.
- In a bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt) and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer or a whisk, mix together the sugars, pumpkin, and oil until fully combined. Then mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in half of the dry ingredients, then the milk, and then the rest of the dry ingredients until you get a smooth batter.
- Pour it into the prepared pan and spread it even.
- Take the streusel out of the fridge and break it up using a knife or fork to create uniform crumps.
- Completely cover the top of the batter in streusel and bake for 1 hr and 20 minutes or until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean. If it needs more time, keep adding 5 minutes until it’s ready.
- While the bread bakes, mix together the powdered sugar and maple syrup.
- With the bread fresh from the oven, pour the glaze on top of the hot loaf.
- Let the pumpkin bread cool for about 20 minutes then remove from the pan and slice. Serve warm or store in an air tight container in the fridge. Enjoy!
PUMPKIN PUREE – Make sure to use pumpkin PUREE and not pumpkin pie filling. I also recommend using Libby’s pumpkin as some other canned pumpkin puree brands are mislabeled and are actually made with a blend of different squashes. So different brands of canned pumpkin can contain different levels of moisture. For consistency, I always use Libby’s (not sponsored).
BAKING TEMPERATURE – First, make sure you are using a 9×5 loaf pan and not a 1 pound loaf pan as there is a slight size difference that can affect how the bread bakes. I’ve also had some readers say that they struggled with the bake and their pumpkin bread turned out underdone. After some investigation, this is likely due to the oven temperature. Some ovens just run cooler than the preheated temperature (whether by fault or by brand), so if you ever feel like you have to add even more time on to your bakes, I suggest baking this bread at 350F instead.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cooling Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Keywords: pumpkin bread, pumpkin bread with maple glaze, moist pumpkin bread recipe