These peanut butter snickerdoodles are thick, doughy, soft and FULL of peanut butter flavor. They have everything your favorite snickerdoodle cookies have, plus peanut butter!
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temp (or cold using the Oster HEATSOFT hand mixer)
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter, Jif or Skippy
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned into the cup and leveled off
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar, for coating
- 2 tsp cinnamon, for coating
- Sea salt for sprinkling, optional
- Start by creaming together your brown sugar and butter using a hand mixer. It should resemble wet sand with no butter chunks remaining.
- Mix in the peanut butter and then the egg, vanilla, and salt.
- Lastly, mix in the flour just until the dough comes together. Don’t over mix.
- Using a 1.5oz cookie scoop, scoop your cookies onto a small tray and freeze for 30 minutes. You should get 12 cookies total.
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once chilled, gently roll the cookie dough balls in a bowl of the sugar and cinnamon mixture. We don’t want to smoosh those ridges on top!
- Bake for 10-12 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. Sprinkle with a little sea salt while they’re still warm.
- Wait until they’ve cooled completely before eating. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: peanut butter snickerdoodles, peanut butter cookies, snickerdoodles