A sugar cookie, chocolate cookie and peanut butter cookie all wrapped up in one! They’re soft, chewy, and so fun to make.
- 1 cup (220g) unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 1/3 cup (270g) granulated sugar (plus more for rolling)
- 1/4 cup (50g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk, room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups (320g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp powdered peanut butter
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl using a hand or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix together the butter and sugars on medium high speed for about 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the bowl and mix in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla for another 2-3 minutes.
- Scrape down the bowl again and mix in the flour mixture on low speed, just until combined.
- Use a rubber spatula to further incorporate the dough, ensuring all of the dry bits at the bottom of the bowl are well mixed in. The dough should be fairly thick – almost like mashed potatoes.
- Split the dough between 3 bowls. If everything was weighted or measured correctly, each bowl should contain 300g of dough.
- Take one bowl and place it in the refrigerator. To the other two bowls, add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder to one and 2 tablespoons of powdered peanut butter to the other. Use a spoon to mix the doughs until fully combined.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Then fill a small bowl with granulated sugar.
- Using a small 1 tablespoon scooper, or a regular tablespoon, scoop out the chocolate cookie dough balls onto a plate. Then wipe the scoop clean and scoop out the peanut butter balls.
- Remove the plain sugar cookie dough from the refrigerator. Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough into your hand and add one chocolate cookie dough ball and one peanut butter cookie dough ball. Roll all three balls together to form one large cookie dough ball.
- Roll the cookie in sugar and place it onto the baking sheet. Repeat this process until you have about 5-6 cookies on the baking sheet. With the remaining dough, roll and place on to a plate and set aside while the first batch of cookies bakes.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges look set and the center is pale and puffed.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. After a few minutes, I like to take the back of my spatula and flatten out the tops a bit to create a level surface.
- Continue baking the rest of the cookies. Then enjoy!
*RECIPE INSPIRED BY CONSTELLATION INSPIRATION MATCHA NEAPOLITAN COOKIES
Keywords: neapolitan cookies, peanut butter cookies, sugar cookies, sugar cookie recipe